Why We Love Multimedia! (And You Should Too!)
By : Jess -
Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines multimedia as using or involving several forms of communication and expressive content. By effectively using diverse forms of content for your customers, you give them more options to look through when exploring your brand. Note the keyword: effectively. Too much information and too many images may be distracting for your average customer. Multimedia professionals can assist you in finding a harmonious balance that is equally engaging and attractive.
There are FIVE major components to Multimedia –
- Audio: Audio files are found all over the web. Including audio files on your website or applications can expand your content delivery methods. Give your customer’s eyes a break and include audio files that aid interaction through your site or application. Or add supplemental information for other files by including an audio component. Give visitors the option to download, or stream as they go along.
- Video: Video streaming has taken a new wave in business development. Although most video streaming formats include specific plug-ins, most modern day browsers have the resources included to open and display video files. Add life, information and personalization by including video components to your brand content.
- Animation: Animation is no longer limited to the world of comic books and morning cartoons. Using animated components allows your consumer to be more engaged with your site and product offers. It opens up your information to become INTERACTIVE. The more action taken by the visitor, the more information they open themselves up to. You just happen to make it fun for them along the way. Most animation files can be displayed using AdobeFlash. Flash also uses ActionScript code for animated design.
- Images: The most obvious of multimedia components would have to be digital images. Whether its photographs or original digital designs, images bring visualizations to your content to help open the minds of your consumers. The use of images is imperative for websites and applications. Too much information and not enough imagery might bore your customer, or make things hard for them to digest. Even buttons and clickable links normally use individually designed graphics. A professional graphic designer can help combine complex visual effects with digital images.
- Text: A tale as old as time. Text content is tried and true. Use text content to inform specifics on your website or application. Text can additionally be used as reinforcement to an image or visual display. You can place text directions or alternative text options where images may not appear for your customer.
Your customers will appreciate creativity! Take a second to think outside of the box on how you can implement multimedia to reach your target audience and take it to the next level. Before the internet, people fought for a space to be seen. Now, in the vast space that is the world wide web, businesses are fighting for attention! Don’t let your business or product get lost in the cyber world and just take up data. Integrate multimedia content to engage your audience and increase leads.
Not sure where to start? No problem! Consult with a multimedia professional today!
InVision Multimedia offers FREE 1 hour consultations for people trying to increase their business and product revenue. An IVM consultant can help you identify where the problem is (whether it may be your website, digital images, content creation, etc.) and come up with a creative solution to get you and your business to the next level.
Jessica Rafaeil is a P.R. and Branding Specialist that loves working with young artists, entertainers and entrepreneurs.